Welcome to the Isle of Tidra!
The ISLE OF TIDRA is placed in the middle of the Thassa ocean, near the equator, with rainforest vegetation and clima. It is so small and unimportant, that the Priest Kings forgot about it and don't influence the evolution. Some mystical things will happen here which are impossible in other Gorean territories..
Though there don't exist city-laws, here are some rules:
1.0 READ THE RULES!!!!
This island is a gay Gorean roleplay (RP) sim. If you do not agree to RP one of those matters, please leave. By entering the island you acknoledge, that you read and agree to the rules on this sim. Ignorance is not an excuse. If you break the rules you are liable to punishment including ejection or banning: Smaller violations lead to 1 day ban. Bigger or repeated violations to one week or permanent ban.
2.1 The Isle of Tidra is a Gorean SIM. Therefore the neweset version of the GM is required. You find it on the docks.
* When you are not Gorean or just for an OOC visit, wear the Observer-tag.
* Do not involve in running RP.
* You're not allowed to pick doors. If you do so, you will be seen as griefer and therefore ejected and banned.
3.0 ADULT SIM
This is an adult sim, and as such, you may encounter nudity, sexual acts, violence, rape, death or language such as is not suitable for minors. You must be over age 18 to RP in this sim.
* HOMOPHOBIA IS NOT TOLERATED
* GRIEFING IS NOT TOLERATED
* NO CHILD- or UNDERAGE-AVs
Violation of these 3 rules will lead to immediate and permanent ban and report to Linden
4.0 NON-HUMAN AVs ARE ALLOWED (!!!)
The inhabitants of the Isle of Tidra are a wild, savage tribe. Their true nature is not surpressed by the influence of the PKs. So they could survive as nekos, furries, satyrs, centaurs and other forms as well as humans or some as animals. If you have a problem with that, you better not involve in RP with us. However you are free to visit us OOC or as observer. Fully animal-AVs have to behave as such (don't talk!).
* Transformation into and from non-human forms requires 5 minutes and 5 lines of RP (no transformation in combat)
5.0 SAFE ZONE (SZ)
There are no Safe Zones on the island. Only 10 minutes on the docks for rezzing and reading the rules. The non-existance of SZ doesn't mean that you have to fight all the time. Though a savage tribe we prefer a good RP more then senseless combat
6.0 BEHAVIOUR & APPEARANCE
6.1 The Language is English
If you don't speak Engish fluently, use a translator.
Griefing behaviour justified with non-understanding the rules is not tolerated.
6.2 Tag-reading & RP-limits
Tags and profiles are OOC-information and not to be used in RP. However, RP-limits are to be respected as far as they are reasonable. In doubt, the moderators will decide.
6.3 Chat and IMs
Any and all open chat or IMs affecting the RP may be recorded, copied, notecarded or transmitted to anyone.
Your appearance and clothes should fit the Gorean theme, even if you only come to visit. So, no modern clothes, no particle-effects, no blinking attachments etc.
You don't have to be "Gorean", if you just want to look around and enjoy the beauty of the island, but please show respect to the spirit of the theme.
* Flying is not allowed (exception: Flying animals)
* Swimmer is required (SLwim)
* No use of "magical powers"
7.1 We're not gonna bore you with a list of weapons which are allowed. Weapons must be enabled for GM and for "Gorean Style". That means: No modern weapons, no scripted shields etc.
If you are new to Gor, you will find some simple but effective weapons in some places on the island. Have fun searching for them.
7.2 For slaves
As we are a savage tribe, slavery is unknown to the tribe. Therefore slaves are allowed to wear whatever Gorean weapon they want and can find as long as their Masters agree with it.
* No Huds and AO's that expand your normal capacities of running, jumping etc.
* Aiding: 3 lines
* Binding: 3 lines
* self-unbinding: 5 lines + 10 minutes RP
* special arrows such as fire, grapple, rope etc.: 3 lines
* kill: only when agreed to in IM. 30 minutes of RP. Report sent to moderators
* no transformation while in a combat
* no fighting while swimming
* TP in and out the island from the docks ONLY
* no fighting while dragging a captive
* Tarns are allowed as long as they are metered
* 60 minutes waiting for rescue or trade
* Doves for help etc. must be RPed and reasonable. Remember that the isle is on no map and hard to find. We don't accept a sudden, not justified invasion of 1000s of helpers.
* Make sure, your rescuers agree with the rules (especially the non-human part)
* 30 minutes of no RP and you can escape. The escape has to be RPed and send as notecard to a moderator.
* Be aware that if you capture one of the savage tribe, that it's not sure, if the "exotic creature" transforms into human, when you drag it from the island... Most of them will, when they get into the influence of the Priest King's powers and technology, but maybe not all of them...
* No trade for Lindens.
9.0 [GM] SERVER
The server is not easy to be found. Stealing from it must be RPed as well as the PICKING OF DOORS. A notecard with the RP should be send to one of the moderators. No Picking, no stealing with OOC tag or outside of RP. This will be seen as griefing and leads to eject and ban.
The most important rule:
10. NO DRAMA!!!
We're all here to have fun and good RP.
Try to keep OOC-comments to a minimum. Those are supposed to be in double brackets ((...)) or IMs
In doubt of the validity of a RP, don't discuss for hours; ask a moderator.
All decisions of the RP moderators and administrators of this sim are final.
**** And we definitely don't discuss, how "Gorean" this island is or not.***
Call it "Disney-Gor" or whatever you want, but Disney is fun and we are here to have fun. If you don't like fun and prefer stiff RP, permanent battles and no storyline, quoting "the books" like a bible all the time, then just leave us alone. Thank you. [and John Normans volume 32 "Nekos of Gor" will come!]
All the others:
WELCOME AND HAVE FUN!